Happy Sixteenth Birthday to my youngest, sweetest, and most spoiled brother, Tyler!
Here are a few 16 year old survival tips:
- Drive the speed limit and stop at all stop signs. There are too many cops in the world who are gunning for you to take chances.
- Resist the urge to give your friends rides. They will never stop asking for them, and you will never get gas money from them.
- Never drive your car off the pavement. Ever.
- No. Sidewalks do NOT count as pavement.
- Lock your car even while it’s in your own driveway. The only thing I ever had stolen from my car was between the hours of 1am and 7am while the car was parked directly in front of the house.
- Be friends with a lot of girls, and resist the urge to hook up with them.
You know, you spend most of your teenage years looking forward to your sixteenth birthday, then toward your eighteenth birthday, then toward your twenty-first. Each time, you’re absolutely sure that life will suddenly begin for you. Well, the truth is, life only begins after you actually begin it.
Carpe diem (seize the day).
Love ya buddy!
2 thoughts on “Sweet Sixteen”
YAY thanks sammy! I am kinda disappointed to find out the sidewalk wasnt pavement…Good thing no ones pulled me over for that yet.
Too bad I didn’t have a big brother like you when I turned 16! Maybe I could have avoided the 31 mph over-the-speedlimit ticket I got driving home from Cisco that one night… Ha!