After the miserable failure of the epic “Seinfeld/Gates” ads and their “I’m a PC” ads, Microsoft has finally gotten this one right!
They’ve resorted to using children. Check it out:
Now, in “showbiz” there’s one rule that everyone knows: Never work with children or animals! Why? Because they always steal the spotlight! This might have been what Microsoft was going for. I mean, who can deny the cuteness of the four and half year old on TV? Will it make people want to buy Windows? Probably not.
Really, I think they’ve finally hit the nail on the head with this latest metaphor. Apple is wrong! Microsoft is right! A red letter day! PC isn’t a nerdy, quirky guy with a bad haircut and no fashion. No, PC (Windows) is a four year old child!
“I’m a PC and I am four and a half,” she says!
Why is this so fitting, you ask? Well, the four year olds I know are known for:
- general instability
- never working when you need and doing a terrible job when you finally get them to work
- fits, tantrums, and illogical behavior
- insistence on doing a task THEIR WAY
- inability to understanding or comprehend simple instructions
- takes forever to get going on some mornings
- and takes forever to shut down at nights
Hmm… the only thing worse would be to make Windows a TEENAGER instead!