I have been accused of not writing enough on here about my feelings… so here goes.
A day of feelings, in the life of WhiteEyebrows:
- I woke up and felt tired and congested.
- Then I felt stinky… so I took a shower… where I felt refreshed.
Then I went to work and I felt the following:
- Overworked… I have way too much on my plate.
- Overwhelmed… How am I going to get it all done?
- Creative… when I actually dug into my work.
- Hungry… time for LUNCH!
- Frustrated… when I made no balls in while I played pool.
- Angry… when a conference call was stupid.
- Confused… when I couldn’t figure out a schedule for a product I have to deliver.
- Saudades (that’s a Brazilian feeling of missing someone or something)
- Tired… a few days of no sleep really started catching up.
- Proud… I kicked a project’s butt and enjoyed some accolades.
- Expectant… can’t wait until after work
- Happy… work ended!
Then I went to a show and felt:
- Stuffed… from dinner beforehand.
- Interested… I remembered most of the show.
- Reflective… on the first time I saw the show as the only white man in a sea of beautiful, proud, black women in New York.
- Embarrassed… at some of the inappropriate content.
- Pity… for Celie and others who only know abusive men their whole life.
- Redemption… for some of the characters who changed their ways.
- Sadness… that some people take a lifetime to figure out some basic principles.
- Overkill… when they took FOREVER between bows at the curtain call.
- Anticipation… that my car had been towed since I parked in an unmarked spot.
As I returned home and considering my day, my life, and all the great things going on, I felt one more thing… ALIVE!
5 thoughts on “My Feelings”
Ok, smart-aleck. *eye roll* Somehow, I think there might be a teeny-tiny bit of sarcasm here . . . good job! I do appreciate a nicely crafted piece of sarcasm. Afterall, as an artist, it is my medium of choice. But I would just like to add: 😛
hehehe… as if you didn’t get your fill of snark from your students…
THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE A MAN. My husband would say something very very similar. This is why men are from mars and women are from venus.
That eyeball picture is a bit disturbing… What show did you see?
Today I felt that city officials must have no life…GEE WILIKERS BATMAN! Boredom strikes Tyler at the city council meeting! Cursed U.S. Government class assignment…