Just a few thoughts…
- I really hope that even though Normand Gentle didn’t make it through, he gets some kind of gainful employment… perhaps as an ice cream salesman. Or better – they should fire Ryan and hire Norman. He’d be a breath of fresh air!
- Adam Lambert, now that he’s in, will need to stop wearing girls jeans for me to stop hating on him. Let’s take it one step at a time: first the girls jeans, then the black fingernail polish, then a mans hair cut. That will do it for me.
- I am very excited that Kris made it. He earned it, based on last night. I just hope that Matt Giraud get’s a second chance in the wildcard round.
- Brooke White’s song was oh so incredibly boring! Boring boring. Really? That was the best single she could come up with an entire year after American Idol? I’ve written better songs for church road shows…
- I’m having mixed feelings about Paula saying she was going to perhaps leave the show. I certainly wouldn’t miss her, but would miss making fun of her. I like Kara more, except how she keeps trying to sell people on the open market.
- The American Idol ‘retrospective’ was shameless filler. More of that and I’ll have to put in a call to my contacts at Fox.
For reals, though. What will I do without Normand? He was my only hope for this season…
We’ll miss you Normand!
During this season of American Idol, the most googled search terms that landed people on my blog were “brooke white mormon girl”. So I thought it was fitting to do a little post on her kick off day.
Continue reading Brooke’s Voted Off – Now What?
I had to record American Idol last night and watched it super-late again. When I tried to pull up the recording, at first it didn’t appear. I about had a complete and total meltdown… a total fit. it’s been a rough little while in the WhiteEyebrows world, and this certainly didn’t help… at all!
Then, as if the heavens opened and someone smiled down upon me, the recording magically appeared and magically worked!
Can I just say that I am so incredibly excited for Neil Diamond night!! I think Neil Diamond is perhaps one of the most incredible singer/songwriter and all-around good guys who exist. Why are all of today’s super-talented people complete freaks? Why can’t they just be normal like Neil Diamond and Paul Simon? Sure his music can be a little one-dimensional and void of different flavors, but it is still classic.
Now to the review…
Continue reading Top 5 Reviewed
Tonight was a slightly disappointing night given the complete liberty the contestants had. Perhaps this actually shows that either 1) they really don’t know who they are as artists yet (even though they are infinitely more talented than last year’s group), or 2) they are just total idiots.
Let’s dig in.
Continue reading Top 8 Reviewed
What can you say about Dolly Parton?
I think Brooke White summed it up: Dolly Parton is this “tiny woman” who is just… … … “huge.”
And she is. Every once in a while I had to pause it just to make sure she wasn’t ‘resting’ on the piano. (she must have the world’s strongest back)
In today’s reviews, I have taken the creative liberty of offering some book deals to the contestants. We’ll see if I am contacted about any of them.
And now for the reviews:
Continue reading Top 9 Reviewed
Here are just one or two reasons why I just might enjoy tonight’s episode of American Idol…
- Maybe Ramiele will do a game of peek-a-boo into the reflective lens of the camera
- Maybe Randy will tell us again how many times he worked with every single artist under the sun.
- Maybe Jason Castro will accidentally break off another dreadlock, collapse on stage and sob for its loss.
- Maybe I’ll start enjoying the shameless hard sell on Coke, Ford, and Apple.
- Maybe Michael Johns will do another Queen song (since that’s all he can do).
- Maybe it will be Lennon/McCartney/Beatles night AGAIN!
- Maybe Archuleta and Brooke will have an all out scripture chase on stage.
- Maybe… Um… Well… Actually… Paula will… can put together… there is this idea of… maybe a single… umm… cohesive sentence.
- Maybe I’ll get my Braun fix in.
- Maybe Simon will be wearing another revealing v-neck.
There’s just OH So much to look forward to…